Monday, October 15, 2012

Insurance Claims: No Insured Is An Island




I was speaking with a friend of mine today regarding a potential referral for business. A friend of his has an insurance claim and was apparently having difficulty with their insurer. In short they were out matched and out gunned at every angle. It didn’t help that the insurance company was one of those who hate paying out claims. Now you might say that all insurance companies hate to pay claims, but I am not sure that is correct. I think the vast majority of companies, while not liking to pay claims, see claims as a way to fulfill the promise made when they took the premium. Getting back to my potential referral story: this insurance company hates to pay claims. They are at war with their policyholder and the only one who doesn’t know it is the policyholder. 

This got me to thinking about Benefit Bill. One of the points that I advocate on that site is team building. You would never consider playing football team without 10 other people on your side (we’re not talking about pickup games here), why do you consider going up against the insurance company without your team in place? Think about it a minute. Your insurance company has a readymade team at their disposal: claims managers, supervisors, adjusters, contractors, engineers, accountants, contents experts, attorneys and the list goes on and on. You do you have?

If you said me, myself and I, and you are going up against the insurance team, my monies on the insurance team. Maybe that’s why so many insured’s wind up settling for pennies on the dollar. If you’re not sure how to build your team, keep checking back with Benefit Billfrom time to time. We are putting together lessons on team building, one team member at a time. When you begin putting your team together, the odds swing dramatically in your favor. Happy team building… and

Have a Great Day!

Bill

If you're reading this and haven't gone to my Facebook page, please go and "like" Benefit Bill

No comments: